Channel provides grants to women-led organizations and projects that specifically champion women’s rights.
How We Work
In addition to making grants to organizations engaged in combating gender inequality, we engage in collaboration and advocacy with an international network of women’s rights organizations and funders, in order to ensure that women’s rights are respected, protected, and fulfilled.
Our grant focus areas:
- Advancing Indigenous Women’s Rights and Leadership
- Amplifying Gender Equality in Media & Technology
- Ending Violence Against Women and Protecting Women Human Rights Defenders
- Ensuring Women’s Participation in Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding
- Eradicating Legal Inequality
- Promoting the Rights of Women with Disabilities
- Securing Sexual & Reproductive Rights/Justice
- Strengthening the Women’s Funding Movement
- Women’s Leadership and Human Rights Institutes
- Diverse Grants
The Channel Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals. New proposals are considered by invitation only.
Types of Work We Fund
- Legal, Legislative, and Policy Advocacy (eg. GFW, FGHR)
- Capacity, Network, and Coalition Building (eg. MONES, RESURJ, WLP)
- Human Rights Education, Training and
Leadership Development (eg. Institutes Focus Area)
- Innovative Seed Grants (eg. ICAN, Ipas, MIUSA)
- Sustainable Activism and Integrated Security (eg. Consorcio, Front Line, JASS, UAF)
- Training on Multilateral Engagement (eg. IWRAW, WEI, WHRI, WILPF)
What We Do Not Fund
- Service delivery projects
- Programs that promote religious beliefs
- Capital campaigns or electoral campaigns
- Channel Foundation grants have ranged from US $2,000- $50,000.