In late 2021, Channel partner FRIDA, Young Feminist Fund published a holistic reflection on their work in climate and environmental justice over the past three years in a report, “What the Water Brings.” The report is based on a participatory reflection process that involved conversations with FRIDA staff, grantee partners, and donors who specifically support environmental justice work.
“What the Water Brings” includes five sections:
- FRIDA’s vision of how feminist youth activism takes up the struggle to move towards an ecologically just future while advancing gender rights
- Highlights of FRIDA’s Climate and Environmental Justice work
- Challenges and lessons that FRIDA identified while doing this work
- Reflection on FRIDA’s role in the philanthropic ecosystem as an activist fund
- FRIDA’s recommendations for social justice donors interested in delving deeper into the nuances of funding intersectional climate and environmental justice work