The Channel Foundation closed its Women’s Leadership Scholarship Program in 2009 and is not accepting any further applications.
Eligible candidates included women leaders from the Global South and/or from indigenous groups who also met all the following criteria:
1. They are committed to grassroots organizing and the needs of their communities or indigenous group.
2. They have proof of a bachelor's or a higher degree.
3. They have at least three years of work experience dealing with critical human rights concerns, and other social, educational, environmental, health or economic conditions that negatively affect their communities.
4. They have been accepted into a non-doctoral graduate program at an accredited university for full-time study/research related to their work experience in human rights, sustainable development, and/or public health.
5. They can show evidence of financial need for educational support.
6. They intend to return to their home countries to work, utilizing training and research acquired in the study program.